Our History


Our History

Dragonfly Golf Links was built in 1996 and opened its doors in 1997 as a 9 hole golf course. The back 9 holes were then built in 1998 and opened in 1999 as a 18 hole golf course. It was originally owned and operated by Rob and Joy Lanyon as a cattle farm when the Lanyon’s decided to build the course. In 2005 it was purchased by Mr. Terry McLaughlin from Ottawa and since then, Terry has committed to improving the course at all levels. In total, Dragonfly Golf Links has been serving the Ottawa Valley for 19 years with continued growth and popularity.

Dragonfly is a natural looking 18-hole golf course with two nines that blend nicely but are slightly varied in look. The back nine holes are more like target golf where the front nine is a links style.

The fully irrigated fairways stroll beautifully through a hundred and seventy acres of diverse and dramatic rolling terrain that includes dense forest, turquoise ponds, exposed rock faces and spectacular views of the Ottawa Valley.

 

[scmBannerSlider-1844]